Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)

We recently wrote to you to regarding The Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015, where we advised that Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) are being introduced in order to improve the energy efficiency of private rented properties.

All properties on the rental market must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The EPC provides potential tenants with an estimate of the cost to heat and light the property and recommend works which could reduce these costs if carried out. The EPC uses a rating system based on the letters A to G and as we have already communicated as of 1st April 2018 properties with a rating of F or G will no longer be rentable unless improvements are made, or if it is not possible to make improvements, the property is listed as exempt.

As part of our ongoing commitment to due diligence and being the agent of choice for all of your property management needs, we have partnered with Vibrant Energy Matters (VEM), the UK’s largest supplier of Energy Performance Certificates and related advice services to guide you through the process to secure compliance. If your property is rated either F or G please use the Vibrant online booking service in order to arrange your MEES Compliance Report.