A Guide On How To Prepare Your Home
When it comes to marketing your home, one of the first things your future buyer or tenant will see are the photographs we take.
At Stirling Ackroyd we have invested in professionally trained photographers to ensure that the photographs present your home in the best possible light. This is from the moment they enter your property to the final photoshop edit.
There are many things you can also do to help create outstanding photos, and we ask where possible for you to prepare for our photographer’s visit.
Your property can be featured in brochures, on our website, the major portals, our monthly newsletter and PR campaigns. It is important that we maximise every opportunity for your home to look fantastic. From there our photographers will edit the images to get them ‘launch-ready’ for your approval.
Key things to remember:
- Make sure all the lights are working in your property
- To create a bright space make sure curtains are open and windows are clean
- Move large furniture such as sofas and tables to the sides of the room to create a more open space
- A common mistake is for there to be too much clutter in a property so make sure all unecessary extras are cleared
- Surfaces should be clear and wiped clean
- Make sure cables are hidden and can’t be seen in the photos
- If you have the choice, neutral colours for towels and linen are preferred
- A neat freshly made bed provides a much crisper feel to the property
- It might sound like a cliché, but fresh flowers or fruit helps create an atmosphere in the property and the photos
- Curb appeal is important especially for houses as applicants pay a lot of attention to external photos. Make sure gardens are tidy and all rubbish bags are removed
- Where possible move cars from the street in front of the property
Here's both a before and after to show you exactly what we mean: