Are you as a company considering a move? Looking for a larger office to expand into or perhaps you want to downsize? What about trying a new location? Whatever the reason, this can always be a daunting for task for some but our commercial team are here to guide you through the process.
We have specialised in providing commercial property services to both landlords and tenants for over 30 years and would be delighted to assist you with your needs. Before getting started, we have put together a check list of sorts to help both you and us with your search:
1. Are you tied into a lease currently? What notice do you need to provide? Are you able to serve notice and break the lease? Is there a cost to vacate? Are you aware of your dilapidations liability?
2. A move can take an average of 3 – 6 months but in some cases can be as long as 12 months. Have you taken this into account? Have you left yourself enough time to locate, negotiate, legalise and move?
3. Do you know how much space you actually need? Future growth plans? Do you need a meeting room, if so how many? How do you as a company operate, in Departments? Together? Privately
4. Does a standard market term of 5 – 10 years’ work for you? Can you protect yourself with a tenant only break? Do you need something more flexible? Is it more efficient to take a shared office space or even desk space?
5. Are we paying a fair rent? Is that a market rent? Can we get some rent free to help with our move?
6. Are you fully aware of the additional costs when taking a new office? What are the business rates? Can you apply for a discount from the local authority? What does the service charge include? Is VAT applicable?
If any of these questions seem familiar to you, our team at Stirling Ackroyd will be happy to guide you through. Book in a meeting to get things started with no commitment needed, let’s just talk it through confidentially and take it from there!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020 7729 7763