Residential Chartered Surveyors - Surveying advice for Buyers

It is important to choose a property survey based on the condition of the property itself, not the cost of the survey. Your Tyser Greenwood Chartered Surveyors' RICS regulated chartered surveyor will help you decide which level of survey is most suitable for your potential property purchase.

There are three main types of residential property surveys which you may need to instruct when you are buying and/or selling a property:


A valuation gives you an outline of the general condition of a property together with our assessment of value.  A valuation is required if borrowing from a lender, refinancing or just looking for an expert written valuation. This is not a survey, but an assessment of the value security of the property for the benefit of the lender.

RICS HomeBuyer Report

The RICS HomeBuyer Report is suitable for residential properties, including flats, apartments, houses or bungalows which appear to be in reasonable condition. It is not recommended for properties that may need extensive work, is listed or of unusual construction. Read more about RICS HomeBuyer Report.

RICS Building Survey 

A RICS Building Survey is a better option if you are considering purchasing a property that is listed, of unconventional construction, in need of renovation or major works. You will receive a detailed report to give you a good understanding of the condition of the property prior to committing to the purchase.Read more about RICS Building Survey.

Call 0845 026 5987, email or submit the form to book an appointment or find out more information.